
Sorry for the long hiatus between posts, but sometimes it's just hard to find the time. We totally appreciate that you book the time to read through this jumble of random words, and we do try our best to give the fans what they want....but hey, I gotta make enough time to actually be a parent too!
Anyhow, this week has really been a whirlwind. Work still hasn't slowed down since we've returned from vacation, and the time when we're not at work (I like to call it "parenting time") has been, if anything, even busier!
I thought it would be kind of fun to do a side-by-side comparison of pictures of Landon to see
how much he has changed in the past year. The picture on the left was taken at my birthday last year (he was 4 months old), and the next picture was taken during my birthday week this year (now 16 months old). Talk about changing in a big way! Not only does he look bigger and more like a little boy, he is also posing in a way that
looks like he could put a beat-down on me with that wooden spoon if he really wanted to!
I am pleased to report that Landon is still going strong sleeping in his "big boy" bed. We continue to sleep on the Aerobed in his room for now, but we are thinking that we will probably head back into our own room shortly. We actually think that he's sleeping better than he was before, as he used to roll around and make noises, so we thought he was awake and we'd grab him to calm him down, when he most likely wasn't fully awake. Now that he's in his own bed, he can break dance, do the hula, or "Jump, Jump!" (as Becca just mentioned in her post) without us noticing. This being the case, all of us seem to be getting better rest than we were. It's also nice because if he does fully wake himself up, he has the ability to get down out of his bed and come to us, so he can let us know what's going on without us having to jump out of bed every 10 minutes to check on him....so apparently there ARE benefits to them getting mobile after all!
This picture on the right cracks me up. He's in semi-"buckethead" mode, but he's kind of
weilding the bucket and spoon as if it were a top hat and cane. While I fully plan to encourage my boy to be a smokin' dancer, I really have mixed feelings about him demonstrating his love of broadway musicals this early on. I think I'll look at it another way...he was actually pretending to be a knight, and the bucket was his visor, and the spoon was his sword...yeah, that sits better with dear old Dad....sheesh!
On Wednesday July 22, we observed my 28th birthday (I'm scary old now), and it was very nice. I won't say that we "celebrated" it, as we are sort of doing that tonight and tomorrow. Michaela did make me spaghetti and garlic bread (one of my favorites, and fast-becoming Landon's favorite as well), which was fantastic! But when you have to work on your birthday, I will say it's kind of like "oh, well that was boring".....but what can you do, right? The most important thing to me was spending the time with my wife and child, and I did get plenty of family time in, so all things considered, it was a very fine birthday indeed.
Anyhow, tonight we're going out to a Mexican food place for some margaritas and dinner with a ton of friends and family, so that should be a
blast! Then tomorrow I'm playing golf with My Dad, my Stepdad Dennis, and Adam...so it should be an awesome time and I'm really looking forward to it.
As for other things that we did this week, the only thing that I can really think of was that we went out on my parent's boat last night at Folsom Lake. It was my Mom, Dennis, Michaela, Landon, and I....and it was a ton of fun! We didn't get out on the water until a little after 5pm, but it was still nice and warm, and the water was very warm. We jammed across the lake for a while, then just floated around and even did a little swimming. Landon was obsessed with jumping into the water, but even with a lifejacket it was tough on us to keep the little guy near the boat (as the wind and the current were pushing it away from us). He did have a fun time with that, and at
one point we even got some baby ducks to swim up to the boat for some food, and Landon laughed and pointed at them. He was a little disappointed that they didn't say "quack quack" like we kept telling him that they do...he looked at us with a "I think you guys are full of it" face, as they clearly didn't say anything at all. Unfortunately we forgot our camera yesterday, so no pictures from the boat trip this time around....but we did take one of him afterwards...his hair had the "wind-blown" look up until we threw him in the bath, and we thought it was just too funny!
one point we even got some baby ducks to swim up to the boat for some food, and Landon laughed and pointed at them. He was a little disappointed that they didn't say "quack quack" like we kept telling him that they do...he looked at us with a "I think you guys are full of it" face, as they clearly didn't say anything at all. Unfortunately we forgot our camera yesterday, so no pictures from the boat trip this time around....but we did take one of him afterwards...his hair had the "wind-blown" look up until we threw him in the bath, and we thought it was just too funny!I think that'll cover it for today. Landon is taking a nap right now, and I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet for the next few hours until he wakes up and we start round 2.
Have a great weekend, stay cool, and we'll see you soon!
1 comment:
Just because he enjoys broadway musicals doesn't mean he HAS to be a "friend of Dorthy". Molly is really into watching "So you think you can dance" maybe they can be dance partners once she becomes a little more mobile.
Post a Comment