My name is Landon Burgess and I live in Citrus Heights, CA (my Mommy and Daddy tell me that you already know the address,
but I wanted to make sure that you knew which Landon Burgess this is). This is my first time writing to you, as I only learned about your existence this year. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I came to see you at the mall last weekend and you even let me sit on your lap (which I thought was kind of strange considering we just met each other, but since Mommy and Daddy were there I went along with it).Apparently I missed the boat because Mommy and Daddy told me that you bring presents to boys and girls on Christmas Eve, and that part of going to see you and sit on your lap is to tell you all about the gifts that we want. Had I known that little piece of information BEFORE our meeting, I would have given you a nice list of some things that I would like this year (thanks for giving me the heads up by the way!)
Since I didn't get that opportunity, I decided to send you a letter instead. Even though I am a
"wild and crazy" boy (as my parents always tell me), it's no secret that I'm fairly easy to please. Pretty much anything with wheels (a truck or a motorcycle are my favorite), any kind of animal (just nothing alive, as our dogs might eat it), or anything related to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse suits me just fine. I also love looking at books and I really enjoy playing with my Thomas the Train "Choo Choo" set. My Daddy is trying to get me more into sports, but I'm still refining my hand-eye coordination, so maybe it'll be this year that I start to get into that a little bit more.I feel like I have been a very good boy this year,
I am really excited for you to come to our house this year, as I have helped my parents decorate for Christmas (they put all the ornaments on the big tree in our living room, but I know that it looks better with ornaments on the floors, tables, and fireplace as well so I've helped them out by "relocating" some of these ornaments for them). I also wanted to let you know that MY stocking is the one with the reindeer and it says "LANDON" in big letters so you can't miss it!
My parents say that you fly here on reindeer,
and while I will most likely be asleep when you arrive, I have asked my Daddy to stay up late to take a picture for me (although I'm doubtful that he'll make it as the old man seems to fall asleep before I do half the time!)
I have also been told that you like milk and cookies (I mean, who doesn't?) so I'll ask our dogs to save you one.
Have a safe trip Santa, and a very Merry Christmas!
Sincerely,
Landon Burgess
PS~ My Daddy included a recent picture of the snow we had this year. We NEVER get snow in
Sacramento so this was a pretty big deal. It was the coldest week that I have ever experienced and one of the coldest that my Daddy can remember.
I guess that it's just another sign that you'll be coming soon!
2 comments:
Cute Post! I might need to re-think my gift to Landon now though :-) It has nothing to do with transportation or Mickey Mouse. Looks like I'm on my way to being "weird" aunt Becca as opposed to "cool" aunt Becca.
Yea, the videos can be a pain sometimes. This time it took forever to load but I noticed on the preview it was showing it done, so I took a risk and canceled and it was still there so who knows what it was loading? Our computer is sort of dated too 5 whole years old! Maybe 6 I don't remember.
Post a Comment